Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bunjil Place?
What can I do at Bunjil Place?
There is much to see and do at Bunjil Place!
- Watch a variety of performances in our 800-seat theatre.
- Attend (or host) an exhibition, function, trade show or event in the studio.
- Browse a range of impressive visual, digital and sculptural art forms in our gallery.
- Be a guest at, or host your own event in the 350-seat capacity function centre.
- Loan a book, play a video game, log on to the net or simply relax in the library.
- Visit City of Casey Customer Service in their new friendly hub
- Catch up with family and friends in the outdoor community plaza.
You can learn more about Bunjil Place and what it has to offer by taking our online tour.
Are the Bunjil Place activities free?
Some events and activities at Bunjil Place will be free and others will include a cost. Pricing information for events (if there is a cost) will be listed on its respective event page of our website.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to be the first to know when performances, events and shows are announced.
What are the opening hours?
Monday to Friday: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00 am - 5.00 pm
Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 9.00 pm
Saturday: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Monday to Friday: 7:30 pm to 6.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Ticketing Services Box Office
Monday to Sunday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (phone and in person)
Web bookings available 24/7 via our events page
Times may vary on Public Holidays.
Are the facilities accessible?
We want all visitors to have equal access to everything Bunjil Place has to offer.
By partnering with an accessibility expert when planning Bunjil Place, we were able to incorporate many accessible design features, including:
- a fully accessible adult change room complete with hoist
- a fully accessible theatre, featuring ramps and seating options for people in wheelchairs
- a fully accessible community plaza
- minimising the need for stairs and lifts by providing access to the core community facilities from the ground floor
- a user-friendly gradient and conveniently located car parking spaces
- designated disabled car parking spaces.
Is there parking available?
Parking options for Visitors to Bunjil Place include:
- Bunjil Place Basement parking, which includes four accessible parking spaces and a drop-off area near lifts which will take you up to the foyer
- Parking areas also surround Bunjil Place to the North, East, and South. Some areas are time restricted so please take note of this.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to be the first to know about new developments at Bunjil Place.
What is the cost of parking?
All parking at Bunjil Place is free. Some parking bays have time restrictions so please take note of this, particularly if you are seeing a performance in the Theatre or Studio.
Are there conference facilities?
Is there wireless internet (wi-fi) available?
Yes. Free wi-fi is available throughout Bunjil Place, including the community plaza.
How can I get a job at Bunjil Place?
Visit our Careers page to view a list of jobs available at Bunjil Place.
How will performances be announced?
How can I buy tickets for programs or events?
Phone: +613 9709 9700
In Person: Bunjil Place Box Office, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick North East Drive, Narre Warren
Can my school or organisation host an event at Bunjil Place?
What kind of events can I hold at Bunjil Place?
Bunjil Place is the perfect venue to host your next gala function, cocktail event, banquet dinner, conference, wedding, meeting, amateur performance or presentation.
To learn more about the wide range of spaces available for hire, take our online tour.
How can I book a venue?
What will Bunjil Place provide for my event?
Will food and beverage (incl. liquor licencing) be available?
Yes. Contact us for more information on the catering and beverage services that are available at the different venues.
Bunjil Place is a licensed venue and an alcoholic beverage service is available through the bar. BYO alcohol is not permitted at Bunjil Place.
What happens in the community plaza?
The community plaza at Bunjil Place is a vibrant outdoor meeting place. Complete with big screen and amphitheatre, it's the perfect place to meet friends or join in community events.
Anything is possible - think big sporting matches broadcast on the outdoor screen, markets and festivals, outdoor performances and playful water features. Take our online tour through the plaza to explore this space!
Can I run an outdoor event?
We’re in the process of curating an ongoing calendar of programs and events in the Plaza. If you’re a promoter, producer or community group with a great idea for an event or programming partnership, we’d love to chat. Get in touch via the Contact webpage.
Who can I contact for more information?
To get in touch with a member of the Bunjil Place team, please visit our Contact page.