Museum of the Moon
Museum of the Moon
Measuring seven metres in diameter, the moon features 120dpi detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface. At an approximate scale of 1:500,000, each centimetre of the internally lit spherical sculpture represents 5km of the moon’s surface.
The installation is a fusion of lunar imagery, moonlight and surround sound composition created by BAFTA and Ivor Novello award winning composer Dan Jones.
Visitors please note:
- Each attendee is asked to do this symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not attend if they feel unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
- Attendees must maintain at least 1.5 metres physical distance between those from other groups at all times.
- To minimise movement, attendees must stay within their allocated spaces or seats where practical (this will apply when dining).
- Masks are not required outdoors unless you are unable to maintain at least 1.5 metres physical distance.
- Masks are required indoors, so please bring one for when moving inside Bunjil Place.
- Sanitising stations are located inside and outside of Bunjil Place.
Museum of the Moon Selfie Competition!
To celebrate Museum of the Moon coming to Bunjil Place, we are running a selfie comp! That's right, we want to see your most creative moon face! You could WIN 1 of 2 $100 Bunjil Place Gift Vouchers!
All you have to do to enter is:
- Follow Bunjil Place on FB or Insta
- Upload your moon selfie with our Museum of the Moon, using the hashtags #museumofthemoon #bunjilplace
Be sure to tag us in your photo as well so we don’t miss your entry. Competition closes Sunday 4 July so get snapping!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The prize includes 1 OF 2 $100 Bunjil Place Gift Vouchers
• Entries close Sunday 4 July at 9.00 pm
• Winners will be drawn and notified on our Facebook & Instagram on Monday 5 July. See full T&Cs here
Immerse yourself even deeper in Museum of the Moon with these galactic events and activities:
Museum of the Moon Launch Party - Friday 25 June, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm - EVENT SOLD OUT
Board the Bunjil Place rocket ship for an intergalactic trip to the moon! You're invited to the hottest party this winter – the launch of Luke Jerram’s giant replica of the Moon in the Plaza.
Moon Dust (Augmented Reality on the Outdoor Screen) - Friday 25 June - Thursday 22 July
Take a step away from earth and transcend yourself to the virtual world of Moon Dust! Moon Dust is an augmented reality installation on the Bunjil Place Outdoor Screen in which the audience is live transformed into pixel particle systems in the virtual infinite universe.
Starr’s Planetarium - Monday 28 June to Friday 2 July 2021, 10.15 am - 4.15 pm - EVENT CANCELLED
Unfortunately updated COVID-19 restrictions pertaining to Sydney and NSW has meant that the facilitator for Starr’s Planetarium cannot enter the state and we will not be able to run the event. Our Box Office team will contact existing ticket-holders via phone in the coming days to confirm the next steps.
School Holiday Workshop: Moon Lamp - Wednesday 30 June 2021, 11.00 am - EVENT SOLD OUT
To celebrate Museum of the Moon in the Plaza we're bringing a workshop for kids to create their very own luminating moon.
Check out these upcoming Space Movies in the Studio that the whole family can enjoy:
- Wall-E , Monday 28 June - SOLD OUT
- Luis and the Aliens, Tuesday 29 June - SOLD OUT
- Escape from Planet Earth, Wednesday 30 June - SOLD OUT
Read more at the Museum of the Moon website.
Header image: Museum of the Moon by Luke Jerram. Lakes Alive, UK, 2016
Keep up to date with what's happening at our place by signing up to our newsletter.
For Accessibility bookings please email email@example.com or phone 03 9709 9700 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm (Monday to Saturday).