A range of works are underway;
- Plasterers have begun to install the plasterboard walls
- Architectural pre-cast panels are being erected along the façade
- Window frames are being set up and some glazing has been completed
- Glass facades continue to be installed
- Roof sheets, gutters and insulation have been put in place
- The basement car park is almost complete
Looking ahead, work on the roof will continue, bringing the iconic winged shape of the building to life. Exciting things are happening in the theatre with a crane soon to be loaded inside to begin the internal fit out.
We are also on the edge of our seats, awaiting the arrival of the timber grid shell which will feature in the foyer! The first shipment will be hitting customs in the coming fortnight and once delivered to site this remarkable timber piece will be quickly put in place.
Upcoming changes to traffic
Over the coming weeks, essential drainage works will be taking place around the site. This will have some impact on Magid Drive and may result in some road closures to ensure the safety of vehicles and pedestrians around the site.
Changes to traffic will be posted on the City of Casey Facebook page and at bunjilplace.com.au