Film Is Ritual: hand processed films from Australia. no2.
Curated by artist/filmmaker Sabina Maselli
A 16mm film program that samples a small selection of shorts from Australian filmmakers working in the experimental form, and using hand processed techniques. Film is ritual suggests the very hands on approach to making films (layering, masking, repetition) seeps into the films itself, leaving a personal and physical mark on each of them. An alchemical solution- a merging of chemicals and spirit.
All the filmmakers are also members of the Melbourne based film lab Artist Film Workshop.
- Sabina Maselli
- Last train, Dianna Barrie
- Intimacy is hair in the drain, Hanna Chetwin
- three attempts to contact Maya, Sabina Maselli
- Fade, Callum Ross-Thompson
- Galaxies a love note, Melody Woodnutt